Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Sunshine State

  My whole life is based in Delaware, a small, insignificant state on the east coast. It holds no real significance in my life. Yes, I was born here. Yes, I was raised here. But no,  I don't like it here. First there's winter, which is just...no. That's just not okay. Second, everywhere you go, you know someone  somehow and well... that's creepy. Third, majority of time, you have to drive at least 2 hours to get the nearest cool location. The beach is about 1 hour and 45 minutes, without traffic or bathroom stops,which is just unacceptable! Why people chose to live in Delaware is a mystery to me. I understand if you were born and raised and you love your life here or you went to college here and loved it. I understand if you love the fact that we have four seasons or we chuck pumpkins in the fall, cause that's Delaware. Personally, the coolest part of Delaware is the fact that you can put a LSD sticker on your car and it won't be considered that you do drugs. I mean that's kinda awesome. But in my heart Delaware is not where I am supposed to be. In other words, I was born to live in Florida.
   Florida is just amazing. I've been there many times and each time I go, I grow more fond of Florida. Which is why my top 3 college choices are all located in Florida. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of hurricane season or alligators just chilling in my backyard, but for summer year-round, I can learn to deal with it. There's just so much love in Florida. First, 99% of the time, it's sunny and beautiful. There is no winter, no snow which is heaven for a Delaware native.Second, palm trees. Enough said. Third, I can go 10 minutes east and be in the Gulf of Mexico or I can go 10 minutes west and be in the heart of Tampa. You don't have to chose between the beach or the city, which in my personal opinion is just plain awesome! Fourth, my second favorite place on Earth is in Florida. Tampa Bay, Florida is my favorite city in the U.S. it offers so much as a city. Multiple colleges, research institutes, hospitals, etc. But it is also my favorite place because the city is beautiful and the beach is beautiful and, like I said before, I don't have to pick between the two. Florida is where I was meant to be. I hate winter, Florida has no winter. I love the beach, Florida has plenty. But I don't want to pick between city and beach and in Florida, I don't have to. Basically, Florida is my happy place and Delaware makes cringe.


No comments:

Post a Comment