Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Car Troubles

On August 9th, I got into a bad car accident, where I was hit on the driver side and my car went off the road. Luckily, the accident wasn't my fault and I wasn't injured but my car was totaled.
My car, my baby, is no more. I drove it multiple times a day, sometimes for hours at a time, and now I can't even open the driver's side door. Now the wheel doesn't turn, the engine doesn't start, and the key in my room doesn't open any doors. People say it's sad losing someone, well I think it's just as sad losing a car. Think of all the memories you have in your car, memories with your friends, family, or that special someone, and every time you get into the car or look at it, it reminds you of the fun times you've had. But when I look at my car, I see an accident where my car is no longer functional. It's safe to say that some of us don't look at our car that way, that when they see their car, they only see the car, nothing else. But for me that just isn't the case, and now I have to start looking for a new car, that I can see myself driving, but it's just too hard and too soon to start looking for a new car, when I can't get the old one out of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. You just made me really nostalgic for so many cars.....let's see, the one my friend totaled junior year the day after his sixteenth birthday(I was in it), my first car ever which stalled out if you didn't keep one foot on the brake and one on the gas, and especially the 1985 Volvo I drove in college. To extend further, I traded in my 2003 Mustang GT convertible for a 2010 in 2010, and I can still remember thinking I saw the 03 going the other way, almost like seeing an old ex for the first time since a break-up. It hurt, and I wondered if she was okay. I mean, she obviously was on the rebound. You'll get over it; I promise. Just glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete